Thursday, May 30, 2013

A vintage blue Nancy Drew roadster!

The Midweek Throwdown Challengea at Operation Write Home is "transportation". I found this 1929 image at Digital Two for Tuesday . I absolutely loved reading Nancy Drew mysteries when I was a girl and this digi reminded me of reading about Nancy in her shiny blue roadster! The car is a combination of paper pieced and colored with Copics and silver gel pen:

 
 
The winner of my blog candy from the OWH Memorial Day hop is Misty L.! Congratulations, Misty!

7 comments:

Rufus said...

Congrats to Misty Li! Love you're roadster. At one time I had the complete set of Nancy Drew mysteries. Ahhh, memories!
R/

Moz said...

Love this card! I was also a big Nancy Drew fan!
Hugz
Moz

Diane said...

Fantastic card- what a great image and I love the you colored and pieced it! And your ribbon reminds me of the flag at races- go Nancy go!

Cora said...

Beautiful card. I love your colors and papers. Thank you for sharing.

Cynthia T said...

The coloring on that beautiful car is awesome! I want a car just like it :)

Leslie Miller said...

Hi, Sherry! I saw your card on Cora's blog and just had to come tell you how good it is to see some of the images from Digital Two for Tuesday in use. You've combined everything so perfectly for this card, from your choice of papers to the ribbon. Really love the ribbon with this! I, too, was a Nancy Drew fan when I was a kid.

BobbisTreasure said...

I love how you coordinated the image and the papers. The mix of coloring and piecing made the card extra special. Great job!!